Spaghetti squash and pizza? Yes please!
– 1 medium-large spaghetti squash
– 1 cup pizza sauce
– chopped peppers and mushrooms (as much as you like)
– 1 package of extra lean ground chicken/turkey
– 20 thin slices of pepperoni
– 1 cup light shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2, Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes. (time saver time- place whole squash in microwave for 10-12 minutes)
4. While the squash is cooking, fry your ground chicken/turkey, peppers and mushrooms on the stove top.
3. Once squash is cooked, use a fork to gently pull the squash flesh from the peel and to separate the flesh into strands.
4. In bowl, combined the “spaghetti”, pizza sauce, ground chicken, peppers and mushrooms.
5. Place this mixture in a glass dish and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove the dish and top it with the pepperoni and cheese. Place it back into the oven and cook until the cheese is melted.
7. Divide into 4 servings and enjoy 🙂
Nutritional Information (serves 4): Calories: 336 Fat: 15g Carbs: 22g Protein: 30g