One of my favourite meals when eating out at a restaurant is Chicken Parm! However, after realizing how many calories was in this main dish, I decided to find a way to make it a little more friendly but still yummy!
– 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
– 2 pieces of sprouted grain bread
– 1/4 cup of almond meal
– chicken/poultry seasoning and garlic powder to taste (and whatever other spices you like)
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
– Ragu original tomato sauce
– shredded cheese
1. Blend the two pieces of bread in a blender to create bread crumbs.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Mix together bread crumbs, almond meal, and seasonings.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together egg and almond milk.
5. Dip chicken breast in the liquid mixture and then into the breading mixture. Ensure breast is covered all over with the breading.
6. Repeat the above process for all 4 breasts. Place chicken into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, remove the chicken and top with 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce and 2 tbsp of the shredded cheese. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Pair this with 1 serving of pasta, rice or ‘fries’.
Nutritional Info (serves 4): Calories: 211 Fat: 8g Carbs 8g Protein 27g