After seeing my girlfriend’s picture of a delicious looking skor bar, I had some serious cravings going! So I decided to make something similar that is waaaay healthier and probably more tasty too 😉
I found this recipe off of yourbeautyfuel.com’s website. Rita has a bunch of great recipes on there!
– 1.5 scoops of vanilla protein powder
– 1/4 cup of coconut flour
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup coconut oil (solid but creamy)
– 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/2 cup of dark chocolate melted
– 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1. Mix together protein powder, coconut flour, coconut.
2. To the dry ingredients from step 1 add the liquid vanilla, coconut oil, almond milk and mix together.
3. If it’s too dry after mixing for a whole minute, then add a tablespoon of water. If it’s too wet, add a bit more protein powder.
4. Press into a lined 8X8″ pan. Place in freezer.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, or double boiler, melt the chocolate. Stir until completely melted and add the vanilla.
6. Remove bars from freezer and pour chocolate on top of the bars and let set until the topping hardens. Enjoy!!
Easy, peasy and takes about 10 minutes to make! The other reason I really enjoy this recipe is because you can make so many different flavours out of it. You can add PB2, dried fruits, coco powder, nut butters, different flavours of protein powder to give the bars a different flavour!