Granola bars are one of the most convenient snacks but unfortunately, a lot of the store bought granola bars are packed with chemicals and garbage that is not good for our bodies.
So instead of buying them at the store, here is an easy, energy packed recipe that will take 5 minutes for you to make!
– 1.5 cups of oatmeal
– 3 scoops vanilla protein powder
– 1/4 cup mixed dried fruit
– 2-4 tbsp of organic cocao nibs
– 2 tbsp hemp seeds
– 1/2 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
– 2 tbsp brown rice syrup (can use honey if needed)
– 1/3 cup of water (add slowly and only use as much as needed)
1. Mix the oatmeal, protein powder, dried fruit, cocoa nibs and hemp seeds in a bowl.
2. Add the peanut butter and syrup to the mixture. I find mixing with your hands gives the best result!
3. Slowly add water until you get a sticky mixture. Continue mixing with your hands until everything is combined thoroughly.
4. Place mixture in a lined 8×8 pan and put in the freezer until the mixture has harden. Cut into 8 bars and enjoy! *I like storing the bars in the fridge or freezer.*
Nutrition Info (8 bars): Calories: 273 Fat 11g Carbs 24g Protein 18g