Chicken Burrito Bowl
Since this recipe makes individual bowls, you can add as much ingredients as you like! For an example, I like a lot of veggies and chicken, whereas some people like more rice and chicken!
Here is what you will need:
– Chicken breast
– Brown rice
– Peppers and Onions
– Taco seasoning
– Black Beans
– Frozen Corn
– Favourite toppings- avocado, cheese, salsa, hot sauce, etc!
1. Cook brown rice on stove top as directed. **Tip- I like to cook my rice in chicken stock as I think it gives it a better flavour. (I cooked up about 1 cup of rice so I would have left overs for lunch tomorrow).
2. Cook cubed chicken breast in taco seasoning on the stove top.
3. In a separate frying pan, add a little olive oil and cook chopped peppers and onions. (I used about 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper and half of an onion). Sprinkle vegetables with taco seasoning.
4. Once the vegetables have started to get softer (~10 minutes) add black beans and corn. (I used about 3/4 cup of each).
5. Create your perfect burrito bowl- Add rice, chicken, and veggie mixture together in a bowl! Top with avocado, salsa, hot sauce, cheese, etc!