Who doesn’t love a good chicken stirfry?! But did you know that most sauces that are put on stirfrys are loaded with sugar?
In today’s recipe, I will share a healthy alternative to using the store bought sauces!
*Note– this recipe is for one serving. You can easily double/triple the ingredients to make more!
Ingredients for the stirfry:
- 3-4 oz of cubed chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of brown rice/quinoa
- 1-2 cups of sautéed mixed vegetables
- 1-2 tbsp. of mixed toasted sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds
Ingredients for thai sauce:
- 1 tbsp. of almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. of water (depending how thick/thin you want your sauce)
Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together and stir until everything is mixed.
Pour the sauce on top of the chicken, brown rice and vegetables.
Top stirfry with toasted nuts/seeds.