I swear there is nothing better than enjoying a big ass salad for lunch or dinner! Some people might think I am crazing for saying this, but those are the people who just eat plain salad (borrrinnggg)
I have posted photos of enjoying this quinoa beet balsamic salad before on my Facebook & Instagram pages but I just realized that I have never actually posted the recipe for it! Since this is one of my favourite salad combos, I just HAD to get this recipe on here!
- 1 small beet
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette
- cooked chicken breast (optional)
- Chop lettuce, tomatoes and red onions into a bowl (quantity depends on how big of a salad you want)
- Chop the beet into cube pieces and add the beets & quinoa to the salad. Add chicken as well if you included it.
- Pour balsamic vinaigrette evenly over the salad and shake or mix the salad
- Top with the parmesan cheese & enjoy 🙂
Note– when I am making this salad, I always make extra of the beets, quinoa, & chicken so I have leftovers to make another salad during the week. I also always pre chop all my veggies in the fridge on Sundays so they are always chopped and ready to go when I am packing my lunches and making my dinners!