I don’t know why, but ever since I was a little kid, there is NOTHING I like better than PB&J. Whether it be on a sandwich, oatmeal, or muffins, this combo just never gets old for me.
I have been experimenting a lot lately with different flour blends and I have been really enjoying combining oat & almond flour as a base! The almond flour gives the muffins a nice moist & nutty flavour!
Since I usually am only baking for myself, the below list of ingredients makes 5 muffins (enough for me to enjoy one everyday during the week). However, if you share your snacks with others, you can easily double this recipe.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup of oat flour (oatmeal blended into a flour)
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter powder
- 1 tbsp manuka honey/coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of egg whites
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Dash of cinnamon, baking soda & baking powder
- Raspberry jam
- Pre- heat oven to 350 & line 5 muffin cups.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fill each muffin cup half full of mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam to the center of each muffin cup.
- Top each muffin cup with a small amount of muffin batter just to cover the raspberry jam.
- Bake in oven for about 13-15 minutes. Leave in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then remove and cool.