Am I the only one who is loving the fact that there is barely any snow left? (well at least where I am located).
This weather has me super excited about starting my own vegetable garden this year! It is my hope that I can get all of my vegetables for the summer from my garden. With my summer fever in full effect, I have been craving some delicious summer salads!
Who knows, maybe within a couple of months, I will be able to make this salad again with the vegetables from my garden! Stay tuned 😉
I love this salad because it has the perfect combination of sweetness from the fruit, crunchiness from the nuts and creaminess From the dressing. Heaven if you ask me!
Ingredients for the salad:
– shredded lettuce & spinach (I like lots)
– shredded carrots & chopping onions (quantity based on personal preference)
– 1 tbsp unsweetened dried cranberries
– 1/2 of a chopped granny smith apple
– 1 tbsp roasted pecans (can use whatever nuts you prefer)
– 3oz of grilled chicken breast
Ingredients for the dressing: (this makes one serving, double/triple for multiple servings)
– 2 tbsp of plain greek yogurt
– 1-2 tsp of honey
– 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
1. Mix all the items for the salad in a large bowl (the bigger, the better in my opinion).
2. In a separate container, mix all of the ingredients for the dressing. Pour the dressing on top of the salad & stir well!