So I was totally a tease yesterday when I made a post on my Instagram account about this delicious smoothie bowl but didn’t share the recipe! However, in all fairness, I wanted to make sure I nailed the recipe before I shared it, so I obviously had to make it again to taste test it 😉
After reading one of girlfriend’s WIAW blog post last week where she mentioned adding sweet potato to her smoothie bowl, I knewwww I had to try!
I hear a lot of the time people saying that they find that smoothies don’t keep them full very long. I find that if I have a smoothie that only has fruit in it as the carbohydrate source, it doesn’t keep me full very long. This is the main reason why I usually add some granola (homemade preferably) to my bowls. However, I thought my girlfriend was brilliant with adding the sweet potato into the smoothie bowl since this is a great way to add a complex carbohydrate and will help keep you full longer!
I also like the idea of adding the sweet potato in since it has a lot less sugar than all the fruit that usually goes into them and the frozen sweet potato helps to add some serious volume to the bowl! #winwin
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet potato (note- cook sweet potato first and then freeze it)
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- dash of cinnamon
- handful of ice
- dash of almond milk
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until everything is mixed.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings. I have topped this one with cocoa nibs, chocolate granola & hemp seeds.