Happy Monday friends! Hopefully everyone had a great weekend. Unfortunately I am headed out of town this week again but I took some time yesterday to make some healthy snacks for me to bring along!
Included in these snacks were these delicious muffins! I should have doubled the batch since most of them were gone before I even left!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- Cinnamon to taste (I like lots)
- 1-2 tbsp of raisins
- 1-2 tbsp of walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg + 1/4 egg white
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup pineapple
- Dash of baking soda, baking powder & vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 6-7 baking tins
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients
- Chop pineapple into small pieces and mash in a separate bowl. Keep the juice!
- Melt the honey and coconut oil and add to the mashed pineapple.
- Whisk egg/egg whites with the pineapple mixture
- Add the pineapple mixture to the dry ingredient bowl and mix well
- Pour mixture into 6-7 muffin tins and bake for 10-12 minutes