I have so many zucchini’s coming out of my garden right now so I had to come up with a creative way to use them all!
Believe me, this recipe is what I call optimal usage of zucchini 😉
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- Cinnamon to taste (I like lots)
- 1-2 tbsp of raisins (optional)
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg + 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Dash of baking soda, baking powder & vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 6-8 baking tins (depending how big you want them)
- Mix together the first 3 ingredients
- Melt the honey and coconut oil and add to the mashed banana & zucchini.
- Whisk egg/egg whites with the banana mixture
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredient bowl and mix well. Add in the
- Pour mixture into 6-8 muffin tins and bake for 10-12 minutes
Enjoy! I love having these muffins as a morning snack with almond butter spread on them!