I don’t know about you, but one of my favourite breakfasts will always be cereal. I love the crunch and the fact that it is so easy to make in the morning. However, I don’t like the fact that most cereal is loaded with sugar and only keeps me full for about 30 minutes.
Therefore, inspired by Hummusapien , I created my own version of cereal that is WAY more delicious and nutrient dense than any box cereal.
This recipe is really easy to change up based on your preferences or what you are feeling that morning! Sometimes, I use berries, mangos, no fruit, etc. I just add in whatever I think will taste good that morning! Here is one of my favourite combos right now that I recommend that you start with and then make changes 😉
- 1/2 cup of oat flakes (or any flakes you like)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 – 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of chopped mangoes (can use any fruit here)
- 1 tsp of raisons (or whatever you favourite unsweetened dried fruit is)
- 2 – 4 tbsp of granola (I usually just do a small handful)
- sprinkle of hemp hearts
- Mix together the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and let sit while you get the rest of the ingredients together (you want it to sit for at least 5 minutes)
- Once the oats have soften, add in the rest of the ingredients & enjoy!
Time saving tip– If you are tight on time in the morning, mix together the first 6 ingredients the night before and let it sit over night. That way you only have to add the crunchy granola in the morning!